Rio Dulce Canyon /Ak-Tenamit / Livingston
Route in boat by the Bay of Amatique, later we will cross the majestic Cañón de Río Dulce where We will visit the hanging gardens after that we'll visit Ak´tenamit project, hot water (thermal), the garden lagoon and Bird Island. Next it's on to the Garifuna village of Livingston where four different ethnic groups, Garifunas, MayaQueqchis, Hindu's and Latin's peacefully live together.
Depart from Santo Tomas de Castilla by small boat, gliding Enjoying the scenic ride Past the lush green coast of Guatemala's "different" Caribbean.
Continue to the mouth of the Rio Dulce, a jungle river Inhabited by the Maya-Q'eqchi 'ethnic group, one of the twenty groups spread THROUGHOUT the country. Enjoy the sights and experience the nature Surrounding You Where We will visit the hanging gardens we'll visit Ak'Tenamit à After That project, hot water (thermal), the garden lagoon and Bird Island.
Next it's on to the Garifuna village of Livingston WHERE four Different ethnic groups, Garifuna, Maya Queqchis, Hindu's and Latinos live together peacefully.
Because of this multicultural diversity the village is very colorful and fun loving.'ll Visit the multicultural museum, the colorful streets and later we turn to typical regional restaurant WHERE lunch, soon we will take the boat from return to port.
|Includes:||Roundtrip transportation the puerto , tour guide, entrance. What´s to bring: Camera, hiking shoes, suntan lotion and hat|
|Private Price:||We offer the possibility to make this tour PRIVATE (Boat & Guide) for an additional fee of 30% of the regular rate and with a minimum of 10 participants.|
- Complementary soft drinks or bottled water are served during the tour.
- Round trip transport between the ship and attractions.
- The meeting point is inside the pier. Happy Fish Travel have a special permission. Our guides are located close to the main gangway, just behind the security stand (scanner).
- Our guides will be at pier with a sign and the name of the tour on it.
- This tour has been designated an adventure tour.
- All tour guides are bi-lingual English – Spanish. For other languages please make the request in advance.
- During this tour, in some places there is no shade, pax should bring sunscream, a hat, sunglases, etc.
- During the rainy season, Sep- Nov, pax should expect some rain. Pax should bring a raincoat.
- Happy Fish Travel suggests pax to bring mosquito spray for beach and rain forest tours.
- Boats and tour guide are equipped with First-Aid Kit in case of accidents.
- Pax should wear comfortable shoes.
- Pax should be advised to bring a backpack to store cameras, film, sunscream and any other belongings for easy travel.
- This tour is designed for active people that enjoy exercise and the great outdoors
- 30 minute tour of the Bay Amatique
- 3 hours boat trip on the Rio Dulce canyon, visiting the places of most interest
- 30 minute walking tour in the Caribbean town of Livingston
- 1 hour for lunch at the Happy Fish Restaurant
- 30 minute of returning to port.