Las Escobas Waterfalls Explorer
We'll visit the transparent waterfalls located in the protected area of Cerro Sangil. We'll hike through the thick tropical forest and will be able to take pictures of some of the more than 400 species of birds that inhabit the are.
You will depart from the port and drive to the Escobas Water falls to observe the diversity of flora and fauna. One of the most important protect areas is San Gill Hil, located in Izabal. All the rivers that flow into the Atlantic go trough Izabal.
A su llegada comenzará a caminar por un sendero donde podrá ver la hermosa diversidad de flora y fauna es un recordatorio por un bosque muy húmedo tropical de Guatemala. Estos bosques son los laboratorios de creación de vida reales, que albergan recursos inexplorados con una gran cantidad de beneficios para la humanidad.
This rainforest is found in the jurisdictions of the boroughs of Livingston and Puerto Barrios and forms part of the mountains chain of El Mico. In 1996 the congress of Guatemala declared the area as Ecological Reserve for protection for the flora and fauna species of the said live zone, protection of the river basins that provide drinking water to the neighboring communities, erosion and sedimentation of Santo Tomas de Castilla Bay, and the protection of the landscape that promotes tourism of the area. You will make a stop for a swim at Las Escobas, one of the crystal clean waterfalls.
|Duración:||2 1/2 Hours|
|Includes:||Roundtrip transportation the puerto , tour guide, entrance.|
|Do no include:||Food, Drinks.|
|What´s to bring:||Camera, hiking shoes, suntan lotion and hat|
|Private Price:||We offer the possibility to make this tour PRIVATE (Boat & Guide) for an additional fee of 30% of the regular rate and with a minimum of 10 participants.|
- Complementary soft drinks or bottled water are served during the tour.
- Round trip transport between the ship and attractions.
- The meeting point is inside the pier. Happy Fish Travel have a special permission. Our guides are located close to the main gangway, just behind the security stand (scanner).
- Our guides will be at pier with a sign and the name of the tour on it.
- This tour has been designated an adventure tour.
- All tour guides are bi-lingual English – Spanish. For other languages please make the request in advance.
- During this tour, in some places there is no shade, pax should bring sunscream, a hat, sunglases, etc.
- During the rainy season, Sep- Nov, pax should expect some rain. Pax should bring a raincoat.
- Happy Fish Travel suggests pax to bring mosquito spray for beach and rain forest tours.
- Boats and tour guide are equipped with First-Aid Kit in case of accidents.
- Pax should wear comfortable shoes.
- Pax should be advised to bring a backpack to store cameras, film, sunscream and any other belongings for easy travel.
- This tour is designed for active people that enjoy exercise and the great outdoors.
- 30 minutes from the port to waterfalls Las Escobas.
- 1 hour 30 minutes to admire the cedero and waterfalls Las Escobas
- 30 minutes of returning to port.